Monday 9 June 2008

Cheers, Big Ears! (Part 2)

After I unceremoniously dumped my first Sharps effort, I started a second. I think it’s a whole lot better than the first, but what the heck do I know about anything? So that’s where John Soanes, Rachael and the blogless Caroline came in – all hail PO3! As usual, the feedback process exposed a few flaws in my grand scheme (a subplot that didn’t need to be quite so pronounced, a face-off between the terms psychopath/sociopath and some banter on Scientology - always a pleasure!), so this post is a ‘tip of the hat’ to this intrepid trio of reviewers for finding the time to read and comment on my latest effort. Thanks all! I have still to return the favour for two of them, so all I will say here is: get your fingers out! The deadline of 16th June is fast approaching, my friends...

All in all, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the writing process for Sharps. Thirty minute drama is not something you see a lot of these days, but even so, as a writing sample it’s a whole lot easier to digest than a 100 page feature script. And if my entry doesn’t get anywhere, I have a piece of work that I’m happy with (doesn’t happy very often). I'll have to try more of these half hour things.

Right, I’m off to watch some football.

5 comments:

Lucy V said...

Am I missing something here?

Did I read your first script or your second?

Chip Smith said...

You read the first script, Luce - I decided to junk that one and start again fron scrath, which actually made for a much better time all round.

How are you getting on with yours?

Oli said...

Against all likelihood, you should have received my feedback now as well.

Chip Smith said...

Thanks Oli, all comments gratefully received - if it's not too late, I'll whizz some notes over to you tomorrow.

Elinor said...

Excellent! Good work, Chip.